Thursday, January 12, 2017

"Best Of 2016 ; Videogame Edition"

I am very behind on games. It does not help that I mostly only buy stuff once it is less than $20.

My patience means I am not very timely. Anyway, here is my top 5 of the year...



5. Gone Home: Console Edition
I am leaving this at number 5 because it my was top game for Mac whatever year it came out and it is still great and I still play it as if it is a horror game. Which it is! Anyway, I bought it on PS4 because I love it so much. I really neglected videogames this year, I am hoping for more in 2017.

4. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
I wanted a VR game because this is the year I got a PSVR and I am INTO IT! This was the best experience and the best “Sell” for VR that I own. I also enjoyed the Batman VR game quite a bit.

3. Oxenfree
I have this thing where I play games that are not really horror games as horror. This one basically is. I really enjoyed the story and how it progressed. Which is good since this is entirely dependent on story. The voice acting and art is great too.

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
The amount of time and money spent on sets and objects used for like 10 secends. The game is really good, the story is fulfilling and you do not have to do THAT much of the annoying fighting/shooting stuff. Also, they keep the ludonarrative dissonance to a minimum… FOR A CHANGE!

1. Firewatch

Is this a horror game? Whatever, that is how I played it. I am very fond of story, of good natural sounding voice work, and strong art design/direction. This and all those other “walking simulators” I am into.

No comments:

Post a Comment